Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My cat vomits daily, sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times a day. She

Customer Question

My cat vomits daily, sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times a day. She is 12 years old and acts perfectly fine otherwise, active, playful, no diarrhea, healthy weight. I am at my wits end, I have changed her food to Iams, Blue buffalo, and other high end foods to no avail. I will have to get rid of her or put her down if this constant puking does not stop. My house has cat vomit all over, all the time. I can't keep up with it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, this has been going on for a long time, that's why I am at my wits end with it.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do.
Customer: OK
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Crowe
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Crowe?
Customer: No, I have never had any other problems with this cat. I never had to take her to the vet because she has never been ill. The only problem is this constant puking!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.
Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this......you don't have to put your cat down as most of these issues can be solved without too much effort. You need to take her to your vet and ask your vet to do a CBC, chem panel, T4, felv, FIV, heartworm test and urinalysis. If all that is normal then have your vet put your cat on Iams low residue food and start Budesonide 1 mg once daily everyday. There is a 95% chance just doing what I have listed above will put your cat in remission with the vomiting....... don't give up without doing this above. And if this does not work come back and ask for me because I have alot of tricks up my sleeve. Sincerely, ***** ***** rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated for my answers. A positive rating will not close this question and I am happy to answer follow up questions. Thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB