Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

I have 4 /7 weeks kitties, yesterday night 1 start to vomit

Customer Question

I have 4 /7 weeks kitties, yesterday night 1 start to vomit yellow liquid, today she still vomit 5-6 times with clear liquid , she Meo a couple times before she vomit. Then today my others 3 kitties start to vomit clear liquid, after they vomit they feel very tired for a couple hous then they active again , please tell me what should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: Also they stop eating their wet food, they come to their mama cat for breastfeed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The first order of business is to stop allowing them to nurse on mama. At 7 weeks of age their diet needs to be stable on a balanced kitten food. Next, I would worm them all with an over the counter product containing pyrantel pamoate. They may be impacted with roundworms - a common cause of gastrointestinal distress at their age. They're also old enough for their first exam and vaccinations and testing for both feline leukemia virus (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) should be performed at this visit. Vomiting is worrisome in unvaccinated kittens because it can be the initial sign of panleukopenia (feline distemper). Those cats, however, are quite ill and often lost within 48 hours of the onset of symptoms. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You recommend i deworm my kitties when they're ill? Is it safe or any better way?I
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I 'm already separate the kitties from their mama, i concern yesterday and today they only get breast feed from their mama, what should i do if they refuse to eat dry kitty food?
Using a safe wormer such as I mentioned when the problem can arise from worms is appropriate. You can offer them wet food. You might have to separate them from mama. They shouldn't be nursing at 7 weeks of age. I'm surprised that mama is putting up with their tiny sharp teeth!