Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

I have a 10 month old male un neutered kitten. He recently

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 10 month old male un neutered kitten. He recently got out and was gone 4 days . He came home and was fine the first night. The last 5 nights he has this awful howl. He's fine all day long. But starts at night for an hour or two. I bought some natural stuff for urinary tract for cats from petco.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: I actually watched him pee in his pan and it was a tad frothy . Ninja
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have two litter pans set up in opposite areas of my home. I have noticed tonight also that he has peed someplace in the house. There is a very strong odor it wasn't there prior to me leaving for work :( not sure what may be going on
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I haven't heard of any symptoms suggestive of a medical urinary tract disorder; instead, I'm hearing of the vocalization and marking behavior of an intact male cat. It's very likely that having him neutered will resolve these symptoms withing a few weeks of his surgery - when his testosterone level drops to that of a neutered cat. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?