Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a cat Jordi who is 12years old,my other catJazzy ahd

Customer Question

I have a cat Jordi who is 12years old,my other catJazzy ahd to put himdown,he was 7 with kidney problem.i have had taken jordi to the vet recently for her yrly ck up and has a clean bill of health.she has always used the litter box no problem.i am a widow and have a nice boyfriend,she has always slept ta the foot of my bed and the first night he spent here she peeded in my bed and later on my sofa,so I put loil on it and that worked,i can't remember why I came to using paper on the floor in the kitchen,i think because she wet the floor so I put paper down to dry it and since then I have to keep paper down,i even bought a new litter box,changed the ,litter and places..nothing works and she is smart,she understands when I scold her..i don't know what else to do.my friend and I have been together 3yrs and I am not gonna ruin a good relationship because of my cat.what else can I do,she talks when she wants treats..i am at my wits end.she is indoor cat,never been outside.i feel like I have wasted my money,she eats the best foods,when I scold her she meowes me and shows me her teeth..
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
excuse me I have pd $5.00 out of my ck acct,please take it off.i have not re'cd answer..
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. The first thing I would do is rule out a medical issue with a urinalysis and some bloodwork to check the kidney enzymes. X-rays to rule out bladder stones is also a good ideal. If it's a medical issue, then it won't resolve until you treat it. My guess is that this is FIC (feline idiopathic cystitis). This is a stress induced inflammatory condition in the bladder. It's like a UTI (urinary tract infection), but there's not a true infection present. It's a sterile cystitis. It usually resolves nicely with anti-inflammatory meds (onsior, Metacam) and sometimes behavior modification meds like Elavil. The other thing that can help, is using Feliway plug ins at home- these are pheromone plug ins that work well to de-stress cats. Here is a nice link on FIC:http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=612 I hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thiss does not help me for she had a complete physical in jan 2016 and all is fine..so I ca'nt agree with you.i have a preputal vet..she had blood work, the whole 9 yards,so you ans does not satisfy me about the litter boxor the change of litter and location of the box..i don't feelu justified in paying $5.00 for nd answer that does not satisfy me...sorry
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
A checkup and physical is great, but you need to get a urinalysis done +/- x-rays. The bloodwork rules out kidney and liver disease as well as diabetes. This is almost surely to be FIC or some behavioral issue. They can look very similar. I'm not sure what else you were looking for. I gave you a likely diagnosis and some things that will help resolve the issue. It's not an overnight fix, but you can get it resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not authorize $17.00 out of my acct..Only $5.00 you had no right to do this..i am going to the bank tomorrow and delete the $17.00,i did not give anyone permission to do this..or I will call the 877 number in the morning..
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
I don't deal with the financial part of this site. You can contact customer service regarding payments/ refunds. They will take care of it for you.