Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat BouboO just eat a party ballon JA: I'm sorry that

Customer Question

Hi my cat BouboO just eat a party ballon
JA: I'm sorry that Bourbon is feeling poorly. What is wrong with Bourbon?
Customer: Bouboo
JA: Where does Bourbon seem to hurt?
Customer: He's name is bouboo
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: Swallowed a balloon
JA: The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Booboo 1 year and 5 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Booboo?
Customer: No , he just swallowed a normal party balloon he swallowed it whole I what to know what to do the vets are closed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. Sorry for the long wait. A small balloon should be able to pass through the gut. If it's a decent sized balloon, then it could get stuck. There are a couple options- one is to just go in surgically and remove it. The other is to bulk up the diet and watch for it to pass in the stool. You can feed a small meal every 6 hours over the next 2-3 days. That will help keep the gut moving. If he starts vomiting or is refusing food, then I would get x-rays and probably go to surgery to remove it. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?