Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My cat has a strange white smallish bubble of liquid coming

Customer Question

my cat has a strange white smallish bubble of liquid coming from her butt. and keeps her butt up in the air when walking and is making a strange kind of mewing sound
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: It's an outside cat so that is possible.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: onyx is probably almost a year. a stray given to us he was in bad shape and we nursed the cat and has been seemingly healthy since
JA: How old is Onyx?
Customer: almost a year we think not sure he was a stray given to us
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Onyx?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with cats and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I think this is something very simple and not serious, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below ... I do wonder if Onyx has not come into season, that would explain precisely what you are seeing. You see unless it is spayed or pregnant a female cat is likely to come into season for about three days each three weeks and they will typically have their first season from five or six months of age.The signs you can expect to see would be some or all of the following :1. The cat becomes more affectionate than usual.2. Your cat rolls around the floor.3. She carries her tail to one side.4. The cat becomes very vocal and meows a lot. { Calling } This vocalisation can be very much as you describe.5. Your cat assumes a flat position with her hind end in the air and may walk this way.6. She may lick her genital area more and may urinate more and you may see a small discharge There is really nothing much you can do to help out a cat in season, the best thing to do would be to have her spayed at the first opportunity. There are drugs to take the female cat out of season but they are only temporary and I personally would not use them on my own cat. But if this is the diagnosis at least it is a natural event and Onyx is not ill in any way.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?