Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
21779527

I took my 14 year old cat to the vet yesterday absessed

Customer Question

I took my 14 year old cat to the vet yesterday for an absessed tooth. they gave amoxicillin and a pain pill. I gave her both last night. seemed to make her feel better. this morning she ate breakfast and we gave her her amoxicillin and we went to work. we came home and she is weak and hiding and is not walking well. what should we do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: missy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?
Customer: she did not ask for her supper. she always eats no matter what
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for you question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help with your question.Can you tell me what kind of pain medication they gave her? Did she get a pain pill this morning? I wouldn't expect the amoxicillin to cause any problems, but some pain medication can make them a little unsteady. Amoxicillin can effect their appetite, but won't make them weak.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes it had to be the pain pill we . did not give her any more and she recovered the next day. we truly thought that was it. it was scary. she is ok now. I was able to get my sister-in-laws vet to help us. thank you
I'm glad it all worked out!