Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

She has been limping on her right rear leg, I have tried to

Customer Question

She has been limping on her right rear leg, I have tried to feel there and it seems different or separated from her normal rear hip, it hasn't gotten any better, but I don't have any money for a vet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?
Customer: I don't know, she is outside at night, so, I'm guessing something happened to , I think separate her joint?
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is a year and a half
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: No, I took her to be fixed. But something is wrong with her right rear leg
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. The most common cause of lameness in cats is a soft tissue injury to a muscle or tendon. They will limp, but they can usually still put weight on the leg. That rules out a fracture or dislocation. Most of these guys will get back to normal within 5-7 days without any specific therapy. If you want to give something for pain at home, you can give aspirin- 1/2 of an 81 mg tab every 24-48 hours. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.