Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

How long can a cat go without deficating

Customer Question

how long can a cat go without deficating
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about cats and defecating. The short answer is that if a cat isn't defecating as frequently as usual, it's usually an indicator of some underlying problem: loss of appetite, dehydration, kidney disease, liver disease, etc. Most cats have a bowel movement at least once every day or every other day. Any cat who hasn't defecated for 3 days or longer should be seen by a veterinarian in order to pursue the cause.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if this answers your question for the time being, or if you would like to discuss this further. I want to be as helpful as I can, and I'm worried you're in a difficult situation. I'll look forward to hearing from you soon. I hope this information was helpful to you. Please also remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.Thank you for using our website.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Just checking in to ask how things are going with your cat. How is she/he doing?Thank you, ***** *****