Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

My cat is 16 years old. She was not not neautred. In the last

Customer Question

My cat is 16 years old. She was not not neautred. In the last two weeks she has a silver dollar size lump on her right side of her stomach. She is eating and using her litter box. She sleeps well and doesnt seek to be in pain.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. There are many things that can cause these lumps. If this is under the skin, it could be a developing abscess or infection but if this were the case, she would be painful in this area. This could be a benign tumor that is growing either on the skin or under the skin. If the mass moves easily, these are usually benign but not always. It would be good to have your vet examine this area and possibly take a biopsy on Baby so you know. Unfortunately, Baby may be too old for the surgery to remove this since the risk for anesthesia is very high but if it is benign, it will not harm her. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****