Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

Is it normal cat to not move his head but use his eyes

Customer Question

Is it normal for my cat to not move his head but use his eyes to focus on something like humans do?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Hi eyes seem to be always dilated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: Nope, its just worry my roommate that something is wrong with him and i just wanted to let her know its normal.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
His name is ***** ***** is 7 months
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. Friend, if Leo is not showing any other symptoms of motor dysfunction like: Difficulty walking, eating, jumping, etc. It is normal for him to not move his head but use his eyes when he is focusing on something. The eyes have inner muscles that surround the entire globe allowing for upward, lower and lateral visualization of things without moving the head, this is completely normal. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter