Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat was under the bed and not wanting to come out. He is

Customer Question

My cat was under the bed and not wanting to come out. He is 4 years old male short hair domestics cat. upon calling him he would come on command. Tonight I had to find him and saw he was under the bed eyes dilated fully and his head was shaking slowly. I pulled him out from under the bed and he seemed fine, I gave him something to eat and he eat and drank water. no vomiting. Just not acting the same or does not want to walk? Please advise?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: Cat is over weight. I plan on taking him in to the vet in the morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Terri replied 5 months ago.
Hi Cari,I am sorry your boy is having trouble.What do you mean "he does not want to walk"? Is there anything wrong with his legs or does he just seem scared?If you pinch his toes does he pull his foot away?Do his legs feel cold or warm?Is he an indoor kitty?Thanks,Terri