Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My cat has a bad eye. I took him to my vet and he told me to

Customer Question

My cat has a bad eye. I took him to my vet and he told me to take him to a Kitty Optamologist which I did. There was nothing behind the eye. She said it was scar tissue and gave me drops to put in his eye 2x's a day.
I've been doing this for about 2 weeks but it does not appear to be getting better.
The black part started out very small compared to the other eye.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about Crusty.I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In order to help me help you better, I'll need a little more information. To start with, please tell me :What is the name of the eye medication?Is Crusty acting otherwise okay and eating and drinking okay?Did your ophthalmologist say what you should expect with this treatment?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.
The reason I'm curious to know what your ophthalmologist told you to expect with this treatment is that scar tissue in the eye isn't usually something we expect to heal. It's usually permanent. The goal of treatment is typically to prevent things from getting worse, but scar tissue in the eye usually doesn't go away. I'll be going offline for the evening shortly, but will look for your reply tomorrow.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 9 months ago.
Also, if you are able to use the paperclip icon to upload a photo of your cat's eye, that would be helpful. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 8 months ago.
Hello,Just checking in to ask how things are going with Crusty.Thank you,Dr. Jo