Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My 13 yr old cat has swelling on the left side of his face

Customer Question

my 13 yr old cat has swelling on the left side of his face below his eye. He just came in from outside I think he might have gotten a bug bite? Any suggestions?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 10 months ago.
Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short. Sorry to hear about your cats swollen facial side. It sounds like this happened all of a sudden and you are thinking a potential bug bite is to blame. This is a possibility with any acute swelling. I would like to view then face to see how large this swelling is before I make my recommendations. Can you send a picture of the front and side view of your cats face via chat for my review? You can easily upload photos by using the icon (attach photo) in the toolbar just above the chat box. Thank you- Dr. H
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll try to upload the photos, but I'm not tech savey
Ok. If you run into any issues, just let me know and I will do my best to help.
Hi just checking in to see if you need any assistance uploading the photos? Thanks- Dr. H
I have sent you a phone consultation per your request from the other chat you opened. You can accept if you would like to proceed. Just let me know. Thanks.- Dr. H
I am sorry you seem to be having issues with the site. You can direct all inquiries to customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us if you need to. - Dr. H