Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

She has a cyst that opened up a week ago and the wound has

Customer Question

She has a cyst that opened up a week ago and the wound has turned black in the middle and is pussy
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: No blood at all
JA: Phew. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Pixie and she is 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pixie?
Customer: She is not fixed but other than that she has never had any other health problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just need to know what I can do at home as I can't bring her to the vet because I Don't have he funds or transportation.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this "cyst" to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing. I suspect that this is actually a ruptured bite wound abscess or, perhaps, skin cancer and either will eventually need to be attended to by Pixie's vet. You're necessarily constrained to keeping the area as clean and non-infected as possible and that's done by lavaging it with over the counter chlorhexidine (Hebiclens) daily. If you don't have this at home, have a friend purchase it for you at your local pharmacy. Please respond with a photo and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?