Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I gave it worm meds and it is wobbling/shaking JA: IÂ'm sorry

Customer Question

I gave it worm meds and it is wobbling/shaking
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: I read the directions wrong and gave him a table spoon twice a day instead of half a teaspoon twice a year
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: I feel horrible
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the animal can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the's name and age?
Customer: Lizard is his name
JA: How old is Lizard?
Customer: 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lizard?
Customer: I did it for 4-5 days so he got enough for 4-5 years in 4-5 days
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with cats and dogs. This question is classified under "cats" - I just want to make sure - are we talking about a cat named Lizard? If so, then I'm happy to help. If you're asking about an actual lizard, then I'll try to find a vet who can help. If this is a kitty - how much does he weigh? What worm product have you been giving and what is the active ingredient? You can also take a picture of the label if that's easier. If he's truly wobbly and acting ill, it's best that he see a veterinarian in person ASAP but I'll tell you what I'm able once I know what medication he's been getting.~Dr. Sara