Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

If my cat are daffodils and is now throwing up, should I bring

Customer Question

If my cat are daffodils and is now throwing up, should I bring him to a vet asap?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 10 months ago.
Hello Geleen.My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction. 1. Basically yes, Daffodils are known to be toxic to cats. If Oliver has been eating daffodils and is now vomiting then the best thing you can do is to take him to an ER vet ASAP. 2. The vet will be able to give him drugs to limit the damage to his stomach and intestinal tract and make him more comfortable. 3. Read more on daffodil toxicity in the cat via this link : LINKI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again Geleen,I am just checking back in to see how Oliver is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the daffodil ingestion ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.