Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.
55012488

She won't eat, blood tests all normal, is 15+ in age and has

Customer Question

She won't eat, blood tests all normal, is 15+ in age and has eye discharge reddish brown colour. She has been healthy throughout her life and is indoor and only around house outdoor area, she is very weak, had fluid therapy but didn't help. If I feed her with syringe she rejects it and throws up. What else van I try to help her
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No she has always been particular on what she eats
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sophie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sophie?
Customer: She has lost a lot of weight, has no muscle left
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this with Sophie. Can you upload a copy of Sophie's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/ I not only review the test results but also note which tests should have been performed but weren't. If nothing untoward is seen in conservative testing, imaging in the form of thoracic X-rays and abdominal ultrasound are my next diagnostics of choice. I'm mainly looking for neoplasia (cancer) in a 15+ year old cat who has become cachexic (wasted).

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?