Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cats tail is drooping, suspecting its broken or is having

Customer Question

my cats tail is drooping, suspecting its broken or is having back or bowel problems, eating and drinking, watching for him to go to the bathroom. seems to slightly hold the tail up at the base, but the end is just limp and seems tender, or doesnt want it touched.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: I believe he may have he was laying in his bed and it had fallen off of where it was placed, but cant say for sure, also, it may have occurred by being stepped on for i accidently did but i sadly was in a hurry and am unsure if it was that.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: button, and hes is 10+
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Button,?
Customer: hes overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear about Button's tail. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian for Just Answer. Is he having any difficulty with elimination, with urinatio or defecation? Does his tail seem painful when you touch it? Does he feel it when you touch is tail?He may have broken it but usually there is a lot of swelling when a bone breaks. He may have injured the nerves to the tail, so that the tail is limp, and has no feeling at all.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
If it is a broken bone, it will heal with time. We do not put a cast on a tail. If it is nerve damage, it could be from an injury, like getting his tail caught and pulling to get away. These injuries sometimes heal with time by sometimes are permanent.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
How is the tail today? I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Let me know how Buttons is and if I can help with anything else.