Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer:

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: My cat is suddenly very lethargic and hot. She's under a year old. I started using an "all natural" flea repellent on her and in the last few days the hot body and lethargy are the worst.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Elvie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Elvie?
Customer: We don't know too much about her. We rescued her from a neglected home and we made her healthy and she's been fine since for 5 months until now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear about Elvie feeling warm and lethargic after starting to use an "all natural" flea repellent on her.All natural does not necessarily mean safe. The beautiful Foxglove flower was the original source of a highly toxic heart drug called digitalis. Garlic and onions are toxic to cats and dogs. Chrysanthemums are the natural source of pyrethrin insecticides which can be highly toxic to cats.What product did you use?What are the active ingredients?How long ago was it applied?