Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

I have a female cat 19 years old with dehydration due to

Customer Question

Hi I have a female cat 19 years old with dehydration due to keep due to kidney failure
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Twiggy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Twiggy?
Customer: Dr has decided to giv Her iv fluids 2 times a week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me: Is she drinking on her own?Is she on any medication for her kidneys?You noted she is getting fluids, is she still having dehydration issues despite that?