Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.

Well after much reading and observing KC He has the heroes

Customer Question

Well after much reading and observing KC
He has the heroes virus stuff that requires antibiotics and I can't take him to vet ( husband :(
And they his step mom & dad
No offense to them .. But they won't ... They don't take their animals to vet regularly I guess die to $? I dunno but they don't seem to care at all about KC
he's on my perch on plush thick folded throw I placed in a large wooden chair And put a quilt over top as to tent leaving enough room for him to see out as not to be clostraphobic
( I've lived across street from him all his life ...)
Anyway , can you help me
To help him ?
I don't know how to get shot or liquid amoxicillin or whatever he needs to feel as good as he can ...?
I combed and loved on him for so long today and the little booger still ran out door and or paces slowly until I let him out and he gets bk into chair on our porch . I just want him to feel as good as he can until he passes ...
I can't sleep at night due to cking
On him ....
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. KC is still not sure about you so he feels insecure inside your home. Purchase Feliway at the pet store and use the diffuser in the area where he rests. He wil get used to being inside and the FEliway, acting as a calming agent will help him trust being with you. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you But,
What about the other issue ?
Sorry but without knowing what is wrong with KC it is hard to know what to give him. Since you cannot catch him for any pills, this will be tough. The Feliway will help him feel more secure but if he has an injury or some form of disease, there really is nothing you can do without knowing what the problem is. I really wish I could help more but I cannot think of anything you could give KC that would make him feel better.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has herpes virus .
Has all symptoms .
But I'm out now .
Thank you and I can catch him
I stated that I pet comb and love on him ........
I'm opting out but you've been very nice
I'm done now .
Opting out
HI stated before, it may help to give KC Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs to decrease is ocngestion. This can be purchased in a liquid form that has 12.5 mg per teaspoon. It is worth a try.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried it .
Blew everything I have accomplished up til now.
He has mucus hanging from his mouth
I read how to do it
Did with chicken broth
And he runs from me now and is sitting for 10 minutes now across on another yard real still with mucus hanging from
Mouth .
I'm done .
Out . Only text bk to let know I tried and it went over like a lead balloon and he doesn't trust me anymore now .
Thanks and good day .
I am so sorry...cats are tough to work with because they seem to hold a grudge. You did all you could even though KC does not understand.
Hi Terri,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kc. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta