Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital

She has diarrhoea caused by lymphoma cancer of the abdomen

Customer Question

JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Mia and she is 13
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mia?
Customer: She has a grade 3 heart murmur and his on 5 millogram a day of prednidale
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and Mia today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you. How was the lymphoma diagnosed? Did she have a biopsy of the intestine? Did the prednidale help at all? Is the murmur a new finding? Has she has any cardiac workup? Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes she had a biopsy the steroids helped for a couple of months but now her weight is only 2.35 I am giving her fortiflora feline they also prescribed pro kaolin but as that as sugar in it and sugar feeds cancer I would prefer not to give it
I wanted to know if I gave her lactoferrin which I have read my help the diareahea and cancer how would I dose it?
Expert:  petdrz replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry but I have no experience with the use of lactoferrin for this condition. I will opt out so that another expert may be able to help you.
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.
Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H.I see that the previous expert has opted out of the conversation. I am sorry to hear about your cats recent diagnosis of lymphoma.I do have some experience with using Lactoferrin in cats, but this medication is not labeled for the use in which you seek. Lactoferrin is an immune modulator drug that is used in cats with stomatitis (oral ulcerations) because it is believed to be an immune mediated disorder. I honestly don't see how this will be of much use for your cats case of diarrhea caused by lymphoma. In fact, it could be harmful because it will cause mild immune suppression and your pet needs supplements that will boost her immune system instead of suppress it.Instead I would recommend another supplement product called Cell Advance 880 by Vetriscience®-Laboratories-Cell-Advance-Capsules/dp/B000RI67M0This product is meant to aid pets with cancer by increasing antioxidant levels and reducing free radicals in the body. It also has nutrient supplements for overall health of your pet. This product comes highly recommended by holistic veterinarians as a natural supplemental aide.I hope this helps! Let me know if you wish to continue the conversation and I will be more than happy to assist you further! **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )- Dr. H