Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

I have 1 10 year old super smash fave Himalayan that has had

Customer Question

I have 1 10 year old super smash fave Himalayan that has had respiratory problem most of his life - ,y vet ts great !!!!! he seems to have developed asthma - I believe. he si a stress cat and a bit scared sometimes - he also has a blood "virus" so he can't have steroids I am looking for a way to help with his asthma attacks - perhaps a more natural way
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: himmy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no not really he has always had issues I was his third owner by his 8th month so he had been exposed to a flea infestation and has had burrowing mites
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no text please e-mail me
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Himmy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian with Just Answer. Sorry, when you say he is "super smash" are you talking about his conformation? What is he doing to make you think he has asthma? Stress and being fearful do not cause asthma. Asthma is a specific condition, caused by allergies and affecting the lungs. What virus does he have? I would first do a chest Xray to confirm he has asthma. If he does, the best treatment is to use an inhaler with an AeroKat chamber. That way he inhales the medication, which works just inside his lungs and would not affect any blood borne illness or internal organs. We use inhaled drugs, both steroids and nonsteroids. Has he had a chest Xray? What are his symptoms?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Can I help with anything else?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?