Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Ny femaleatmmhs no xcabs' has a bare spot on her side that

Customer Question

ny femaleatmmhs no xcabs' has a bare spot on her side that is slowly getting larger. what could it be?it
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.
Hi this is Dr. Holloway and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand you have a pet with an alopecia spot and I will do my best to help. But first I could use some more information about your pet because alopecia can be caused by so many things and hopefully we an help narrow this down to some likely possibilities. Do you have a picture of the are of the skin in question to send to the chat? (this will help a ton so that I have a full visual of what we are dealing with here)When did the alopecia area first appear? Is this area overly itchy for your pet? (on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the worse, how itchy is Missy?)- Dr. H