Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

Wet cough, drooling, bubbles out nose, wants to drink but doesn't,

Customer Question

wet cough, drooling, bubbles out nose, wants to drink but doesn't, 22 years old
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Sydney
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sydney?
Customer: no thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Sydney's symptoms are strongly suggestive of congestive heart failure in such an aged cat. This would be life-threatening and require the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. I would expect Sydney's heart and lungs to be carefully auscultated (listened to) and X-rayed and Sydney placed in an oxygen cage until his condition is clarified.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.