Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My name is ***** *****, and it's about my cat haiti. she is

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, and it's about my cat haiti. she is 17.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: this might get long.. i'll try to sum it up best i can.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cat Veterinarians generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Please tell me how I can help you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have a 17 year old cat with very arthritic hips. she was on steroids for awhile last year, but it got costly, and the vet was worried about her liver, so we took her off it. she has been howling a lot. she is also losing her hearing, so we were told that could be why. i wanted to try treating her with T-arnica drops to help the pain. i know it's best to go to the vet, but i don't have $200+ at this moment to take her in, but want to help her. do you know if people have had success treating cats with t-arnica for pain/inflammation?
I'm sorry, no, I'm not a naturopath but, instead, an allopathic vet. I'll opt out which will give a naturopathic vet the opportunity to enter this conversation.