Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

I have a 2yr. old spayed tabby. Became reclusive, not eating

Customer Question

I have a 2yr. old spayed tabby. Became reclusive, not eating or drinking...I quickly took her to my Vet. They kept her two days: leukemia-neg., no more tape worms, & waiting for the viral test results. Temp. was just over 104.
They did:
feline total health check SA190
fecal T808
subq. fluids three times
polyflex 200mg three times
Baytril Inj. 22.7mg once
Brought her home, eating a little and drinking, playing a bit.
Clean litter box 2x/day and found this am three stones in her stool passed probably late yesterday or last night. each approx. 2X1 1/2 cm. somewhat round.
To me they look a lot like the human gallstones.
She is sleeping now but is uncomfortable and groans a little.
Any ideas? No xrays were done. Is she in any danger?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about April. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

These are not gallstones, if they are 2.5 cm (one inch). Cats can have gallstones, but unless a stone is about 1 mm, it would be too big to pass out of the gall bladder, through the bile duct. The bile duct in cats is tiny, and only microscopically small stones could pass out through it.

If you are worried about gallstones, they would show up on an Xray or ultrasound.

Do you have the results of the total health check, and the fecal 808? When will you get the results of the viral testing?

Is she eating now that she is at home?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Was this helpful? Can I answer any more of your questions?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nancy,
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?