Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My 15 year old cat Pixie

Customer Question

My 15 year old cat Pixie has arthritis in her spine. I lifted her up to take her to the sunny garden and she wriggled and I dropped her onto the wooden floor. her leg is hurt and she is walking on three and when I touch it she is not happy. I gave her one dose of the tramodol she takes morning and night. She began to pant with her moth open and so I gave her a little bit more. Her breathing is heavy and she is not happy. I cannot get hold of the emergency vet. What shall I do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long after the Tramadol did she start panting?Are her gums pink or pale/white?What dose have you given total?How much does she weigh?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that by 6)?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have just answered these questions !
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She weighs 12 labs and her breathing is 60 and she had five little lines I resume0.1 at about 5 and then a half of that again at 10.
She is in pain and her leg is held up.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you please hurry up as I am, worried and all this is taking so long
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again, I am typing to you as quickly as possible but as you have opened multiple questions, this is slowing me down.In any case, if she is breathing that quickly and you have dosed her 3 times already, then I'd not be happy with her situation.....
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
It suggests that the pain relief is not adequate but even more so that we may have a lung or heart issue that is causing these signs. Therefore, even though it is a trek, I do think we need to consider having her seen because she cannot keep as she is and at the very least she needs stronger cat safe pain relief then what has been given to you (and human ones are very cat toxic)....
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
So, to be safe it is worth having her seen. Just in case there is a closer ER vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or viahttp://www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193 Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not satisfied with your help. I have already signed the credit card twice. Now to take her to the emergency will cost me 500 dollars. I hope this is only going to cost me CA38 once as it said it would. I am sorry I am stressed and cannot get a hold of the emergency dr. here. We are in the mountains and it is far away and she is not answering her phone. I will just give her rescue remedy and arnica and sit with her and pray. She has high blood pressure and is on amlodpine.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry that you have had issues with the website (though I did send your second posting back for a refund) and that you are displeased that your cat is in an urgent state that cannot be treated at home.I will send this question back to customer service for you and wish Pixie the best,Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.