Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a cat that just turned 20. past year he has

Customer Question

I have a cat that just turned 20. For the past year he has had draining out of his left nostril. Most of the time it was clear to sometimes a little green. Our vet did a body scan on him a few months back and it was determined he has asthma. Since then he has been on Prednisolone with a daily amount that is now at a small amount of .03-.04 per day. About 6 weeks ago it has turned to a little blood which coagulates or sometimes drains a small amount. Our vet said the only way to determine if it's a tumor or growth would be to have a $3000 MRI. The draining makes him a little tired on most days but he's fairly active, still loves to play and be normal. He is 20, but I tell my wife if I could just stop that oozing he would be fine. Tell me your thoughts. Jim
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, Jim. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Did he have the nasal discharge before the Prednisolone was started?Does he have breathing/lung signs too?Did his vet xray or scope her nose?