Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

My cat had a 14 day antibiotic shit yesterday and today

Customer Question

Hi my cat had a 14 day antibiotic shit yesterday and today is listless and wine eat or drink. I called the vet and they said that is not a side effect. This is s cat who would eat you if he could so I am worried
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Now I share your concern if Sam isn't keen to eat. Especially with his being a diabetic since they cannot afford to be off food. In this situation, I suspect the Convenia injection is causing GI upset. This is not uncommon as the antibiotic can trigger, nausea, vomiting, and appetite loss in sensitive patients. With this in mind, you can consider trying to soothe Sam's stomach with an OTC antacid (ie Pepcid (More Info/Dose @ Otherwise, if he still is unsettled, we may need to ring your vet about their dispensing anti-nausea treatment to soothe Sam's stomach (ie Cerenia, Metoclopramide, etc) +/- appetite stimulant (ie Mirtazapine) to get him settled and eating for us before this compromises his diabetic stability. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in, how is everything going?Dr. B.