Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Customer: my cat was spayed today around 12n and has a staggering

Customer Question

Customer: my cat was spayed today around 12n and has a staggering gait.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did your cat have a fall?
Customer: not that I'm aware of. my husband picked her up from the vet at 430pm. she has been doing it since he picked her up.
JA: What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** I think she is about 1 year, she was a stray.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: We just got her a couple of weeks ago. She belonged to my mother in law who passed recently. We are working on getting her vaccinations and healthy. She had her annual shots about 2 weeks ago.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help. If she has just had an anaesthesia for spaying; then staggering isn't unexpected. Some cats do come around from the anaesthesia slower then others and we can often see wobbliness as you have reported. Often we do just need to rest them in a small room or their cat kennel so they can settle and sleep the drugs off. Most cats are back to normal within 24 hours (some taking a bit longer) but we'd not be surprised to see this at this point. Of course if it lingers >36 hours, we may need to have her vet put her onto IV fluids to flush the drugs out quicker for her. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please don’t forget to rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.