Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Customer: , I was just doing some research on giving cats

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I was just doing some research on giving cats prune juice. I have a cat that is not eating and seems to be straining to poo.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He is 12 years old and has had crystals in his urine and even had surgery to help the urine issue when he was very young.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 6 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Is he still able to poop, even with the straining? Are you sure he is urinating and this isn't a straining to urinate issue?