Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I think my cat has swallowed

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I think my cat has swallowed some of my medication: 75 micrograms of levothyroxine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i left my medication unattended and my cat was on the table. I think he swallowed the pills
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 10 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How many pills did she ingest? 2- How much does she weigh? 3- How long has it been since eating the levothyroxine?