Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Customer: My 4 weeks old guineas have pneumonia (well 1 does

Customer Question

Customer: My 4 weeks old guineas have pneumonia (well 1 does the other just has an upper resp infection. They weigh .6lbs each. Today my daughter wanted to be helpful while I was out at the store and gave them 1.3ML of Baytril 27mg/ml. They told us to give probiotics, lots of water, and hand feed smashed pellets. They are refusing all food and regular water but will literally feed like crazy on the syringes with the Bene-Bac Plus in it, I mean, I have to FIGHT them to get the syringe out of their mouths and then they will chase it! I am wondering if I can just make all of their water with it, or if it can be overdosed on? I have looked everywhere and no one says one way or another.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My 4 weeks old guineas have pneumonia (well 1 does the other just has an upper resp infection. They weigh .6lbs each. Today my daughter wanted to be helpful while I was out at the store and gave them 1.3ML of Baytril 27mg/ml. They told us to give probiotics, lots of water, and hand feed smashed pellets. They are refusing all food and regular water but will literally feed like crazy on the syringes with the Bene-Bac Plus in it, I mean, I have to FIGHT them to get the syringe out of their mouths and then they will chase it! I am wondering if I can just make all of their water with it, or if it can be overdosed on? I have looked everywhere and no one says one way or another.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. In regards ***** ***** question, this cannot be overdosed and is safe to water down. So, while I would suggest also offering veggie baby food and using fruit juice to flavor water, this is absolutely fine to give as needed to keep these little ones taking in food and fluids. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )