Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Our Cat is not herself and reserve rather than curious and

Customer Question

Our Cat is not herself and reserve rather than curious and playful and hasv appatite but throws up once or twice every hour or so. Any suggestions ?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.
Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H for short.I am sorry to hear about your cats constant vomiting episodes. This suggests a potential acute gastritis (inflamed stomach) or foreign body ingestion. The main concerns with excessive vomiting is dehydration and whether an intestinal blockage is present. I will do my best to give you some guidelines and suggestions moving forward and what to look for as close that Angel should best be seen by a vet. I do have a few more questions about Angels status so that I know she is stable enough to try some conservative treatments for now. 1) How long has Angel been vomiting?2) Have you seen her eating the Easter lilly's? Any evidence of chewing on the leaves? These are extremely toxic to cats and cause acute kidney failure. If there is any evidence of her eating these she should go to the vet right away!3) Is Angel moving around or just laying there for long periods of time? Is she hiding? - Dr. H