Experience:  dasdasd

Customer: my name is ***** *****. I just got a text from

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** *****. I just got a text from a friend. she had her cat to vet because he hasn't pooped for about a week. they did not do an xray. they did a suppository last Friday and an enema on Monday and then wed. to yesterday laxative therapy with a tube in the nose
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cat is drinking. vet is saying if he doesn't poop by Monday will have to put him down. he will not eat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
I'm shocked that another vet would suggest euthanizing a cat because it was constipated.
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
I highly recommend seeking a second opinion locally. I would start with a physical and x-ray of his abdomen. It is not uncommon to require multiple enemas in a day.
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
If the enemas are not sufficient to allow passing of stool within the first day or two, I would anesthetize him.
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
Then, under anesthesia, we perform what is called de-obstipation, or manual removal of the stool from his colon. After that, we can manage his condition with a diet change (Royal Canin Fiber Response food) and medications like lactulose, Miralax and cisapride.
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek. Here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?