Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Gave my 25lb a tranquilizer from the vet today around 12;15

Customer Question

gave my 25lb a tranquilizer from the vet today around 12;15 central time she is still not very active her eyes are rolling in her head.... will she recover from this soon or what should i do .. please help
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Kitty. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Do you know the name of the tranquilizer? Was it acepromazine? Her eyes rolling in her head is probably her third eyelids covering part of her eyes, making them look rolled back in her head. This is commonly seen with acepromazine, or "ace". If it is ace, she may take up to 24 hours to be back to normal, but she will be. Will she eat and drink?