Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cat has open sores on knees and anklles. Bandage?

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about Tuffy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How did these wounds happen? Was he bitten, or did he fall? How long have they been there? It is nearly impossible to keep a bandage on the knee. The leg is shaped like an ice cream cone, wider at the top and narrower as you go down, so bandages tend to slide down. I usually treat wounds by cleaning with gentle soap and water, and sometimes applying a topical antibiotics like Neosporin. Cats tend to be very good healers, and if a wound is not infected, it usually heals. If it is infected, he may need antibiotics to get it to heal faster. Let me know what other questions you have.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The technical aspects of this whole conversation are UNBELIEVABLY BAD! Your system did not allow me to enter into any kind of conversation. Your system kept asking for a password ***** did NOT provide any place to enter anything, or to respond to any questions. I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THIS SESSION!
Expert:  Rebecca replied 7 months ago.
Sorry! I just answer questions for the website, and do not have any control over the system, passwords, etc. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about your cat. If you want help with the website, passwords, payments, etc. please contact the website moderators by using the drop down menu, or I can do that for you.