Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Can I give a 3 week old kitten liquid was prescribed

Customer Question

Can I give a 3 week old kitten liquid was prescribed to my other adult cat for upper respiratory infection so it is for cats. I have plenty of it left.
Please let me know if it will harm
A 3 week old kitten who has one of her eyes partly shut and a pretty significant runny nose .
I have 3 kittens the other two seem to be fine it's just the one.
If I can give the liquid amox. How many cc's? Also the other 2 look fine, but could be still incubation for them? And be safe and treat all 3? Thank you very much, these kittens are my
GRANDKITTYS! The mama is my BABY.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If I can't give the liquid amox to the kitten, besides a trip to the doc.what should I do? What I do know is it will certainly die from this infection which I know is the same thing my other is being treated for which is upp.resp.inf.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. You can give liquid Amoxi to these kittens- it is safe. The dose I typically give is 10 mg per kg (5 mg per lb) body weight every 12 hours for 7 days. You'll just have to weigh them and then check the mg per mL on the bottle and figure out the dose. If you have trouble figuring it out, let me know what they weigh and the mg/mL on the Amoxi and I can help you.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?