Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats, happy to discuss any questions you have.

How often shoukd an adult cat urinate in 24 hours

Customer Question

Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. Now this can vary by cat, but generally speaking we would want to see cats passing urine every 24-36 hours. Of course, if a cat doesn't pass urine within the time frame (especially if male as they are at risk of urinary blockage), is straining to do so, licking his genitals more, or has a sore abdomen than we'd want to consider an urgent check up to ensure there is no blockage issue afoot. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate my service afterwards, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- **I hope all is well with your wee one. If possible, I would be grateful if you can rate my recent answer to your question, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you (this is at no extra cost to what you have paid already). This can be done by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page. If you have any lingering questions, please reply to me. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)