Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

I have a cat born April 2011 I have notice 2x he has been hurt

Customer Question

I have a cat born April 2011 I have notice 2x he has been hurt like a bite or something or someone is hurting him. He has these strange marks on him I have seen them b for one is under his skin it stickup like a fox tail is in it but it's not a fox tail just feel like it last time I pulled it out an under it it has two holes in his skin it Got better now he has the same thing again but this time it's worst with a nasty mark Over his eye look really bad it has two holes that bigger then the last time an this time it smell like boo boo an it's bleeding what do I do
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your cat. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now. I just came online and saw your question. Does your cat go outside at all? These two holes sound like a bite from another cat. If the two holes are about half an inch apart, that is probably what they are. The holes leak fluid, blood or infection, causing matted hair or a scab to stick up like you describe. If it smells bad, it is probably infected. He probably should be started on antibiotics, which means taking him to your veterinarian. Until then, you can try applying warm moist compresses to the area to clean the area and help draw the infection. You can apply topical antibiotics such as Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment. Let me know how he is doing and what other questions I can answer. Rebecca
Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote. How is your cat? Was my answer helpful?