Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and i am worried about my

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and i am worried about my cat she is crying when i pick her up or hold her and she wont eat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got home from getting fast food and she was napping on the cat tree when i finished i went to feed her and she didnt come so i went to pick her up and take her there and she started crying and when i put her down she ran under the bed crying
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 6 months ago.
I am sorry to hear about your cats recent vocalization and lack of appetite. Poor girl! Cats are typically masters at hiding disease, illness and pain, so when they express pain as a pet owner you should be on alert to quickly localize the issue and get her relief. Whatever happened it happened pretty acutely which leads me to believe that potential there was some trauma she incurred while you were away. Hopefully with a good look over we can find any external causes for her pain; however if there are no clues she may need a more involved physical examination through your vet and potential testing to find the issue. I do have a few questions to ask for a brief history so that I can get some ideas. How old is she? Does she continue to cry once away from you and under the bed for longer than a few minutes? Can you lure her out of the bed to do an external look over of her body? Try to coax her with a can of opened tuna or smelly treat if you have any available. Get a towel ready to cradle her softly so as not to cause any more trauma to sore areas that may be present.- Dr. H