Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Feline Veterinarian in Practice 15 Years

I own a Siberian forest cat. Recently I had surgery, as

Customer Question

Hi I own a Siberian forest cat. Recently I had surgery, as was at a rehab for 6 weeks. I know the cat was stressed b/c of my absence. I noticed when I came home, his beautiful coat, definitely suffered. I'd like to start him on a natural additive I can giv him. He gets a tablespoon of organic pumpkin w/his food, that's not leaving his coat lacking that luster, is it?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 6 months ago.
HI, this is Dr. Gabby. NO, this pumpkin would not affect his coat. The pumpkin is just fiber.I would add some fish oil to his food twice a day. That helps naturally moisturize his coat from the inside out.Plus studies have shown it can help with joint, heart, and skin inflammation ; )So I would start with 1/4 teaspoon of fish oil twice a day for a week.If he does not get an upset stomach you ca increase the amount to 1/2 teaspoon twice a day.You can buy the fish oil online and at health food stores.I like organic so if you can find organic that is best.Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby