Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat came in crying in pain. He had some blood

Customer Question

Hello my cat came in crying in pain. He had some pussy blood around his tail and anus. I put him on a towel and several minutes later quite a bit of pink mucussy liquid came out. He is cold to touch and is occasionally crying in pain. Some 30 minutes later he has expelled some more bloody substance, a little smelly. He is in a large box on some towels with a blanket over him. I can not get to a vet as I am on my own with 3 young children asleep.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you see if the blood is coming from the anus or does he have a swelling that ruptured or a wound next to the anal area? Can you please check?