Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

My cat was missing days. He came home dirty, sticky and full of stickers. He is at

Customer Question

my cat was missing for 6 days. He came home dirty, sticky and full of stickers. He is ate a very, very small amount of dry cat food. Not sure he drank any water. He is just lying around not moving much. He is fixed.
Submitted: 6 months ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm glad to hear that Shadow has come home. In a situation like this, it sounds like you are doing some very good at home nursing care. What all happened to him while he was away for those 6 days is going to be his secret. Now at home, the best you can do there is to have him in a quiet, warm area where he can rest as most likely he's not had much. Having easy access to water and having easy access to fresh, soft food is then going to give him the opportunity to get nutrition and hydration into him. Typically if they eat then they will be able to drink when they really want too. It may be a situation where he could have some injuries that are making him down. The signs that might be seen of this are areas of swelling or discomfort or him licking in an area.