Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

Customer: My name is ***** ***** my cat (male, 3.5 years)

Customer Question

Customer: Hi My name is ***** ***** my cat (male, 3.5 years) has started vomiting today and he urinated without seeming to notice he was doing it, which he's never done before. He has never vomited on my bed which he did or twice in a row (as opposed to just fur ball or eating too fast) and he has never urinated outside the litter box.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, but this is definitely out of the norm for him. He does like to eat everything and could have easily eaten something out of the garbage or something that is not his food.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. My primary concern is that his urinary incontinence may indicate idiopathic (unknown cause) cystitis and his vomiting is directly related to the nausea and spasms in his bladder and urethra associated with that cystitis. Have you noticed his going in and out of his box more frequently? Licking his genitals more than usual?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?