Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience.

Customer: my name is ***** ***** and my cat has recently

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** and my cat has recently stopped eating for 2 days or so and now has discharged white sticks odorless substance, looks like when peeing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she threw up 3 days ago that might have been where it started. her eyes have also been watery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Cat Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. I'm puzzled by the description of "white sticks odorless substance from where she's peeing". I'm envisioning the mucoid grit that a cat's bladder will form when the bladder is inflamed due to infection or idiopathic (unknown cause) cystitis. If I'm correct, such a cystitis can nauseate and result in vomiting and epiphora (excessive tearing). Two days+ of anorexia should prompt having her vet attend to her and as part of the vet's diagnostic work-up, a complete urinalysis should be performed on urine obtained by cystocentesis - percutaneous aspiration of your cat's bladder - the most sterile manner in which to obtain urine.Please respond with additional information and further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?