Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My female cat seems to not be able to urinate as much as

Customer Question

My female cat seems to not be able to urinate as much as she always has before. She seems
Worried and lays by her box and sometimes crys. She is eating and drinking the same. She is still playful but something is concerning about this as it is not normal behavior for her.? What can I do for her. What can I do naturally for her.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Any pre existing medical conditions?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Been going on for just a few days
No past or existing medical condition that I know of except
an anal glad infection 1 1/2 years ago
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Correction** gland
Friend, the history and symptoms you are describing are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, she is crying because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent or staying near the litter box. Other possible causes could be bladder stones. I understand you would want a natural approach. But, there is really not much naturally that I can recommend that will completely eliminate the infection. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian to rule out bladder stones and start her on oral antibiotics. In the meantime you can increase her water intake by offering low sodium chicken broth, the flushing action of water will help with the inflammation and infection. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not pleased with this answer. I was alerted by my credit card that I was charged 35 and not 5 as I was first told I would be. Please fix this error on your side asap.
Friend, if you have issues with charges you can discuss this with customer service. I only answer questions. If you are not satisfied with my answer I would gladly expand on points that you may not be clear. Please tell me how can I help?