Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat goes in and out of cat door , went out and came back

Customer Question

My cat goes in and out of cat door , went out and came back in in about 5 minutes with left eye bleeding. It has stopped bleeding but is swollen closed . What should I do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Josette, Sorry to hear what happened to Greyce, however I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. This is one situation where I am reluctant to suggest home remedies, hopefully this is something minor but in my experience eye injuries can often deteriorate in a dramatic and irrecoverable fashion if they are not promptly attended to. This could be a wasted visit but the safest thing to do is to have the eye checked by a vet ASAP, even if this means using an ER vet. 2. In the meantime the chances are you will not be doing any harm if you very gently apply a cold compress to the eye.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Vet_Answers